Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > SMALL BUSINESS ADVICE > 02 - Web Site Management
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02 - Web Site Management Creating & Managing an Effective Business Web Site
Featured Service: NoMoreWebMasters.com
Featured Service: 1&1 Web Hosting - 90 day money back guarantee

Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Hi Beth

I think that the right solution for you will be to outsource the web-site production to a company from Eastern Europe/Asia.

there are a lot of opportunities, but i will not post here, as it will look like advertising.
contact me in PM for details
Old 09-29-2008, 09:03 PM

Hi Beth, I agree with drabina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabina View Post
Take a look at Joomla if you are on tight budget. It is free software that will give you CMS features, forum, etc. Once you get thru installation, the web site management is very simple (if you get the latest 1.5 version).
You don't have to be afraid of it -- if you can post here, it won't take you too long to get Joomla to do your bidding.

If you do decide to spend some money, be extremely careful about whom you hire. A great deal of my 'web guy's' time is spent correcting or finishing sub-par work done by freelancers clients went with to save a few dollars. There are good ones out there but be diligent about screening each and every one.

If you really don't have any budget at all (nowhere to 'put' Joomla), you can always start completely for free with a blog on Blogger and take advantage of the commenting area. Not ideal but it's a start.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiVision Studios View Post
Hi Beth, I agree with drabina.

You don't have to be afraid of it -- if you can post here, it won't take you too long to get Joomla to do your bidding.

If you do decide to spend some money, be extremely careful about whom you hire. A great deal of my 'web guy's' time is spent correcting or finishing sub-par work done by freelancers clients went with to save a few dollars. There are good ones out there but be diligent about screening each and every one.

If you really don't have any budget at all (nowhere to 'put' Joomla), you can always start completely for free with a blog on Blogger and take advantage of the commenting area. Not ideal but it's a start.

Well put. I'm virtually all cases you get what you pay for. If you're serious, take out a loan and don't get your "brothers friend's son" to do it. I have heard sooooo many stories about freelancers who never finish the work. And don't hire Obtar from Albania... Communication problems, money transfer problems, legal limitations if he steals your money. etc etc. OR!!!! Buy a few books!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netaffordable View Post
OR!!!! Buy a few books!
Reading is fundamental.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:22 PM

Google Sites is an option, as well. With a domain name (approx $10.00), and a free Google site you can have an informational site together very easily and quickly.

sites.google.com

I was never quite good enough to appreciate the books, but a lot of times blogs and forums split the knowledge up into much more digestible sections. All the CMS systems I have ever worked with had good communities and guides. Most of the time if you have an issue you just google it, and someone has posted a solution to it somewhere.

Seth

[edit]With google sites, they will give you a place for your site to be on their domain if you don't want to pay the $10.00 for a domain.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:42 AM

Default re

Web Hosting play a vital role for your web site to induce a decent response and user traffic that’s why you must provide additional attention whereas selecting hosting service for your web site. http://www.managed.com/cloud/