Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > STARTING A BUSINESS > 01 - Small Business Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01 - Small Business Introductions Tell us about your Small Business -- Sponsored By: Opportunity World Magazine
Featured Opportunity: Starscapes - Make $1,500 a Week
Featured Opportunity: Judgement Recovery Business

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Just starting out

Hello, I'm Davin.

I've just been given the opportunity to create my own small buisness, a web firm. This would be my first time doing anything of this sort, and to be straight forward... I have barely any leads on how to go about this.

I would like to learn how to create a buisness proposal for a small buisness (yes its being semi sponsered), build the small buisness, run the buisness, and eventually expand into a larger more successful buisness.

I currently direct a web team at my school, and have done alot of surfing for web firm websites to get a basic idea on what I would need to get started. Though this brushed the tip of what I may need I still have many questions.

Davin
Old 04-02-2005, 12:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to admin@leadmanag Send a message via MSN to admin@leadmanag
Default Hello from Performance Electric

Just wanted to introduce myself and my company. I am Craig and I have just recently taken the plunge and started my own company called Performance Electric. I must say, it's a mix of emotions that I'm at a loss to describe.

My main market is in the building automation and HVAC controls industry. For those of you unfamiliar with the terminology, look up Johnson Controls. That will shed some light on it.

I'm pretty excited to see the rest of this site and pick up on some wisdom others have imparted here.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:51 AM

Hello, my name is Flavia.

I am currantly building a vintage and collectible venture. My goal is to eventually have a moderate sized antique business. I collect and sell vintage jewelry, hats, perfume bottles, glassware, kitchenware and other small items of interest. I would like to learn from and share with others who have the same or similar interests. Let me hear from you and thanks.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:35 PM

Wow...I didn't know so many people were introducing themselves inside this thread; pretty much hidden away. Welcome to a fantastic small business forum to all of you!
Old 04-08-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Newbie

Hello Everybody,

I operate a small production company. Been in business for approximatly 3 years and I must admit this forum is fantastic even for those super experienced.

I certainly have questions.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Internet service provider for sale

SVP Datacomm is for sale. This business offers an exclusive territory in Illinois for Databahn Satellite Internet service which offers both fixed and Mobile dish applications providing T-1 speeds. This service provides Internet connection for our WiFi wireless networking service. You will have Complete controll of the monthly billing service for the WiFi service and receive a percentage of the Internet service each month for all your customers. WiFi service is used in Hot spots like Cyber cafes, donut shop, restaurants and businesses af all types, plus can be used to create wireless communities. Advertising and website design can also be sold to businesses in the surrounding wireless coverage area. This is a residual income business and will continue to grow month after month. There are two websites that go with this offer which are www.svpdatacomm.com and www.centaurusglobal.com, plus many other similar domain names. For more detail contact Rick Music at 586-445-2751
Old 05-27-2005, 05:39 AM

Hello from a homeworker Travel Agent! With over 20 years of experience I enjoy finding my family, friends and regular clients cheap holidays, and my business clients good priced business trips. They go all over the world - India, Abu Dhabi, Turkey, Spain and sometimes even holiday in the UK! I am a great lover of Australia and New Zealand, although I am a regular traveller to France and am trying to learn the language! There are good deals on the internet I know, but if you want a professional person on the end of the phone line I'm often to be found at 1130pm some evenings discussing the benefits of staying at a 3* hotel rather than a 2* often for a few pennies more! I don't promise anything I can't deliver and will research a resort for you if you are looking for something in particular - popular queries such as "it is nice and flat as we have an elderly grandma with us", or "is it a good place for children", and I will do my best to get you upgraded at your hotel whenever possible! That's me ..... and I hope you enjoyed reading this introduction.
Kindest regards Jane
Old 06-19-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Hi There

Hello. I'm just starting out on my own in an industry I've worked in for years but always for other people. Marketing is interesting to me because I'm always learning new things in order to the best job for clients. Hopefully I can now learn enough about running my own small business to do the best job for me!

This looks like an interesting community with lots of new things to learn!

Cheers,

Tanner
Old 06-26-2005, 04:58 PM

Default New Business Intro

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I am new to the business world. I have started MandyGifts.com as a way to make a little extra so I could work from home and so far I have had a lot of fun, but not much business. I'm hoping that by getting out there and meeting other small business folks the advice and support could be beneficial. At MandyGifts.com I make baby blankets and T-Shirts. We are really small, just me for now doing the whole load of everything involved, but I hope that one day it could be bigger and recognizable.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:16 AM

Okay - I'm not sure how many contributors are from the UK. Without sounding too AA -I'm Carl and I started a business 18 monhts again - importing gifts/souvenrirs/new age icons to Europe. Small glass bottles, gold leaf inside, birch pens and pendants. That sort of thing. First business but have run a charity and been in retail, picked up degree etc and do a bit of counselling so hope can contribute.
Closed Thread