Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > STARTING A BUSINESS > 02 - Small Talk for Small Business
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02 - Small Talk for Small Business General talk about Starting a Business -- Sponsored By: Opportunity World Magazine
Featured Opportunity: Make Millions in Real Estate
Featured Opportunity: Rotovac - Carpet Cleaning Business Opportunity

Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM

Default What's it about

I'm 25 years old, working job with a financial instituation, its not dead-end, but its not moving right now. I keep having this feeling of being stuck. I wouldn't call it a 'mid-life crisis', i'm not really in dire need of anything.

I've always had a passion for making money, business, and what makes businesses run. I like numbers, I like concepts, I love intellect. I'm in a place in life where my drive is a mile high, but my creativity is knee high. I want to be in business, i want to run/manage/own multiple businesses(what type, I dont know).

The problem is I don't know where do I go from here. I don't have ideas for the next best thing, or how to make something else better. What I do know, is that I want to be there. If I had the idea, or creativity, I could run with it. I could think of 50 different marketing ideas, can manage a group of people, could set up presentations for investors(try at least), if i don't know it, I can learn it. Its almost enough to say that if I had the capital, I'd buy someone elses business and go from there. I've done research, upon research, upon research for opportunities and ideas. I've watched countless videos, read countless articles, magazines, books...to try and spark a thought.

I watched a video on youtube, with that video's idea, I made $200 in one day. The resource dried up, blah blah. I didn't waste my money on a scheme and learned a little something.

In all honesty, as much as people are looking for a quick buck, I'm not. I'm looking for fulfillment. I dont want to be a millionaire (not a goal anyways). Secondly, I'm not afriad of work, or failure for that matter. I want to be successful, I want to bring new ways of thinking to the world.. I just dont know how, or what to do.

Im bringing this topic to small talk because I want it to be that. How'd you come up with the idea you had to start your business? Was it literally a sunday drive, staring at a corn field? Was it researching for endless hours on the internet? Did your child create a problem that gave you an idea for a profitable solution?
Tell me exactly how hard it was to get started too, I'll take every bit of story time. I'll take anything I can get, thanks in advance.