Small Business Forum

Go Back   Small Business Forum > SMALL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES > 03 - Buying a Business
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03 - Buying a Business Making a Business Investment or Acquisition
Find a Business For Sale:
Click Here

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 11:27 PM
poophodymmela poophodymmela is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 0
Default double taxes

Hi friends, do you know, if you are a permanently resident in the America and sell a property in the country, you have to pay double taxes which is treated by the American government and pay the capital gains on the property in the country that is located how is that treated by the IRS. Is there any meaning of double taxation? I think some potential problems could arise from such situation. What is your opinion?
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Posts: n/a

The USA has treaties with other countries that determine if the USA taxes the income or the other country taxes the income. In other cases the tax paid the foreign country is allowed as a credit/deduction for the USA taxes.

The Assistant Commissioner's office has the tax treaties. Try this link:
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:40 AM
Egbert Egbert is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 53

I am totally agree with Mr.OldJack.

i think he provided us some useful information here.
Follow according to him.

You also take help from me . You also can asked questions frequently.


Redocorate your home with a touch of European design with this Ballard coupon.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin™ Copyright © 2011 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.