Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > SMALL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES > 03 - Buying a Business
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03 - Buying a Business Making a Business Investment or Acquisition
Find a Business For Sale:
Click Here

Old 07-14-2008, 04:26 AM
michaeland

Default Selling My Business

MARKET: online modern furniture retailer, can be run from anywhere
NET SALES: $360k in 2007, $360k in 2006
NET EARNINGS: $51k in 2007, approx $40k in 2006
YTD 2008: Sales down approx 20%
EMAIL MEMBERS: approx 8,100 members
TRAFFIC: 1.5 - 1.7 million hits per month
VISITS: approx 50k visits per month
GOOGLE RANKS: top 3 to 5 listings for several of our products, which are well known furniture designs

ASKING PRICE: $150,000 OBO

Other FACTS:
(1) I am looking to sell because my day job is too demanding and I may be moving overseas.
(2) This is family owned and we have a small warehouse space in southern california. We ship about 90 to 95% of our orders directly from approx. 10 suppliers in the U.S., so we don't have much overhead.
(3) We put about 10 hours per week into the site. The business is very manageable and scaleable.
(4) We have a list of about 100 interior designers/furniture stores/restaurants & lounges that have purchased from us in the past 2 years, most of which are repeat buyers
(5) We don't do any advertising and get all of our revenues from high search engine rankings.
(6) We have a list of hundreds of interior designers that we planned to contact to promote our business.
(7) This sale would have to be done through a legally binding contract and escrow. We will only accept cash of at least 50% of sale price, with remainder paid vis a loan carrying interest on it. Our lawyers have a contract template in place should anyone be serious.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested or know anyone that might be interested.

Contact Name: Mike
Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
David Staub

It sounds interesting, but do you think this is really a good place to list a specific business for sale? It seems that many of the "Businesses for Sale" sites would be better. Better yet, work with a local business broker who can stir up interest and possibly get you a better price.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
sk24iam

you might have more luck here... http://www.bizbuysell.com/
Old 08-17-2008, 10:20 PM

Very nice business. IMO. Are you the first owner and for how long do you own it?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:24 PM

michaeland, I also suggest you contact a business broker close to you. Let him do a valuation of the business. Your selling price might be too high or too low.

A good site to advertise is http://www.businessesforsale.com. We use them regularly, and normally get excellent results.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to nicejewelrys Send a message via Skype™ to nicejewelrys

good luch ,could you send us some picture of your furniture ?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 AM

Talking Should you not hire a business broker?

Dude do you think forum is the right place to list this? It is important to have the right kind of discrete marketing for your business which an experience business broker can provide. Why not call one to check out their services. Sunbelt Business Sales & Acquisitions can help you here..check them out..initial consultation is absolutely free..you got nothing to lose and everything to gain..
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 PM

Default Financial Projections

Let me kn ow if you need some projections created. This would help the new wner understand the value in the company.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to orion_joel Send a message via MSN to orion_joel

It seems that much of what you are saying contradict's itself.

You say can be run from anywhere, so what the problem with moving overseas. Also if you only spend 10hours per week on the site, what would happen if you were to spend 40 hours you could make 4 times as much and not need your day job.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_sunbelt View Post
Dude do you think forum is the right place to list this? It is important to have the right kind of discrete marketing for your business which an experience business broker can provide. Why not call one to check out their services. Sunbelt Business Sales & Acquisitions can help you here..check them out..initial consultation is absolutely free..you got nothing to lose and everything to gain..
If you want to sell your business, any place you advertise it is better than not advertising it at all. How do you know that he hasn't contacted an experienced business broker, but just came across this site and said "hey why not throw it out for sale there as well?"

My guess is that you are an "experienced business broker".