Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > STARTING A BUSINESS > 04 - The Business Plan
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04 - The Business Plan Writing & Using a Business Plan

Old 07-18-2008, 12:18 PM
mbongwe

There are legitime models for working at home, but most of them you won't find in the spams you are getting. Like most people above already suggested, you'll need to try building it yourself.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 PM
dspringerva

Just wanted to say kudo's to the member who wrote this...probably the best/most appropriate answer delivered. It's really hard to distinguish a scammer from whats real these days. We, like many others, looked at several "opportunities" out there.. just couldn't trust them, or, frankly, didn't care for their product. In the end, we decided to put our experience in business management and online marketing consultation to good use.. the best decision we could have made. So if I could add to this quote, it would be to say everything that your highschool guidance counselor would have said.. do what you enjoy doing...online If you wake up in the morning and all you can think about is helping people in the housing market, or maybe small business owners struggling to get their operations-side in line with their goals, well then you have your business idea!

I wish you the best - dspringerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion_joel View Post
About the only online business that will not want your credit card number is one that you build yourself. Even then there will be some requirement to use your credit card, however this will be for items you know what you are buying and want to buy, eg a Domain Name, website hosting and such.

You mention you are in the building trade, maybe work with that a website about building, you could write articles create a forum, offer advise and a range of other related things. Support the site by placing targeted advertising, and using targeted affiliate programs. You may be giving away a lot of advice, however building a good site that offers considerable information can establish you as an authority and can lead to offering a range of different paid services.

If your site is focused on the local area, writing articles from an expert point of view can benefit your own business as well and if you can even find yourself getting people inquiring on your website to have work done. It all though comes down to intentionally building a website that can work for you with some input now and minimal input later. Build the website like a business it self, with the thought of potentially selling the site later on to replicate your process on another industry or niche in the building industry.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Lightbulb Online Retail

Online Retail can be a gold mine, especially if it maintains a reseller format. For instance, there are a number of companies that allow you to sell high-demand products like Flatscreen and Plasma TVs, Computers, etc. from major manufacturers through your own Web site. Oftentimes you never actually have to handle the products at all, they're offered to you at a discount, then you choose your markup and get your customers.

Look into it. I can post some examples if you'd like.

Happy hunting,

Andy

www.opportunityworld.com
www.businessleader.com
Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsley View Post
I suggest you look into affiliate marketing, stay in an area or market you really like and know something about and you should be able to get started without much expense at all.

Pugsley
I agree. Using your existing contacts in an industry that you've already been in would make a great opportunity. Most likely not much money at first, but lots of potential in the long-run. It's basically sales.

Starting a website by writing articles (blog) and starting a forum would not be much of a money maker at first either. The tough part is you'd be banking (pun intended) on advertising dollars, meaning you'd have to get people to get to your site first. I've tried this a few times. It's TOUGH.

Just my 2 cents....
Old 09-10-2008, 02:41 PM

Yes there are many of them please contact me if you need more information on these and I will send you the link
Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 AM

Default A Real Online Home Business Reply to Thread

Web advertising is very profitable online business .where we can gain lot of profit even when we in home too.One of my friend running online business,where he put his all effort for that.I would like to share one thing,if we have caliber and spontaneous think we will stand first anywhere in this world.
================================================== =

shiny

Business Opportunities
Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 AM

do blogs and earn through adsense. that doesn't requires your credit card
Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 AM

There are a lot of online call centers that make around 12$ an hour.
http://blog.ryanshooltz.net Ryan Shooltz
Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 PM

Smile there are limitless opportunities online

i stand to say that there are alot of job opportunity online, which have made many people to work from home. i like to advise fellow btrethren to consider searching for online business above traditional job. they check-out www.joboppoortunities.blogspot.com, and also www.youandcash.blogspot.com

michael
Old 10-13-2008, 01:54 AM

Begin your business by knowing your interests, choose the best category, dedicate time for both work and family.
Internet Home based business is not so easy but it not difficult as well...

1. Bait Your Customers To Your Business - This is the best way to build you business.
2. Earn a lot from internet business and spend some back to the same business and upgrade it often.
3. Implement new techniques and intimate about the changes to all the potential customers.

Hope this will be of some use to you...