Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > SMALL BUSINESS ADVICE > 02 - Web Site Management
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02 - Web Site Management Creating & Managing an Effective Business Web Site
Featured Service: NoMoreWebMasters.com
Featured Service: 1&1 Web Hosting - 90 day money back guarantee

Old 08-18-2008, 04:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to freecash2riches Send a message via Yahoo to freecash2riches Send a message via Skype™ to freecash2riches
Question How does SEO work?

If been thinking about using SEO to drive more traffic to my website? any tips?

http://residualfreecash.com/

Get started with NO Out of Pocket Cost to you!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 PM

Hmm, probably try to alter you site better. Make it more presentable with better fonts and a working link.

Try to provide more back links inside your website, and advertise your site to various social networking media.

If you want some professional help, why not check this site out, it might just help you out.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:28 PM

SEO is a long process. It is not instant like PayPerClick and other instant traffic generators. However, SEO is better long term because it is more sustainable.

With that said, I am not sure if you are referring to the site in your signature, but if you are, it needs alot of SEO work.

There are many aspects of SEO.
1. Keyword research - find keywords that have high demand and low competition
2. Integrate those keywords into your metatags in your HTML
3. Integrate those keywords in the copy of your site using header tags, bold tags, italic tags, etc
4. Do offsite SEO techniques. This involves sending links back to your sites from different sources.

I can recommend some good SEO services to you. I don't think I can post the link in here, but you can PM me if interested. If it is allowed to post the link, then I can do that later.

Need Web Promotion and SEO Services
http://www.kayelexweb.com
Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Unhappy How to get a page rank from Google

Our company is a manufacturer, we recently created a web site to sell our products. The site has been working for eight months. Since we only sell corporate seal, so we only have 20 pages. I checked our page rank, our page rank is 0. What should we do to improve the page rank?

Old 09-01-2008, 04:35 PM

freecash: I would try removing the iFrame and make your site a legit-looking one. When a spider hits your site, all it sees is your title and an iframe right now, which will give you no seo cred whatsoever, in fact it probably hurts it. That would be a good start.

megan: don't worry about pagerank so much. It's a grading scheme made up by Google and used only by Google. Work on driving traffic to your site and the PageRank will follow.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:39 AM

Believe me SEO is not a easy.

Its really tuff process. It demands an effort and skills.

All starts with getting proper Keywords.
Then it goes with beating the compitetions for that paticular Keywords.

And so on....
Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 PM

I can only confirm that you have a LOT of work to do. Either hire a SEO firm, or sit down a couple of nights and study the ins and outs of SEO.

In your browser click on View, Page Source to see what it looks like to the search engines. The title isn't descriptive of the content of your site, you have no META keyword and META description tags etc.

Rather fork out a few bucks and get professional hosting for your domain name, join a couple of link exchange programs, etc.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM

I advise learning SEO instead of hiring a company to do it for you. Once you start having multiple sites, it can become very pricey.

1) Do ALOT of keyword research https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal. Find out which keywords are getting great traffic and dont have alot of competition.
2) optomize your site for those keywords. Place it in your title, make sure your keyword density is about 3% in the body of your tag.
3) Which is the most important-Gain backlinks from Blogs, Forums, Paid, Link Exchange, etc to increase your ranking.

Rinse and repeat. It take time so if you are looking for something easy and quick then try PPC
Old 09-16-2008, 04:16 PM

meganW:

After looking at your site and source, I do have a few suggestions that might help:

1) Each of your pages has a unique Title. This is good, but I would suggest putting Corporate Seals and Stamps - [custom title here]
This way, each page has your primary keywords, company name, and then the custom title.

2) The Description meta tags and Keyword meta tags on each page are a little weak. Not much, but a little. I don't think it would hurt to increase the keywords and descriptions to be more encompassing.

3) Create a style sheet to go across your site so that you can use H1 tags for main titles on each page that fit your site's style, H2 for a sub-headline/description on each page, then regular P tags for the body text.

4) Maybe have a press-releases or News section on your homepage that updates frequently with changing copy/text and keywords.

Otherwise, it really looks like you are on the right track and using good SEO practices in my opinion.

Have you read through the Google Webmaster Center?
http://www.google.com/webmasters/

You could probably also leverage tools like Google Base and Google Local Business Center.

How many websites of related content link to you that you do not link back to? High ranked incoming links usually help.

None of this advice is guaranteed in any way, it's all speculative since nobody really knows the inner workings of major search engine ranking software. However, by using these techniques, I've had success with sites I've performed SEO for.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freecash2riches View Post
If been thinking about using SEO to drive more traffic to my website? any tips?

Have a look at your site, and honestly speaking ,you need to work seriouslt on your site,not for SEO at the moment.

Having read the recommendation from the thread. I don't support the use of paid and link exchange for the time being. Create relevant and content rich articles acrosss your site and watch the magic of content.

Do it yourself if you don't have enough budget to outsource it.