Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > STARTING A BUSINESS > 03 - Raising Capital
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03 - Raising Capital Funding Options for Small Businesses

Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM
sales_ess

Default Where are the angels?

Is anyone here familiar with the south florida market? We are looking for additional capital to expand our company group2call (www.group2call.com). We have the presentations, plans and revenue reports & projections ready, but we lack the social connections. i.e. We hardly know anyone over here that would be considered "angels". Is there a website, or does anyone know how to start "calling" or contacting potential investors?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Schmoozii

Take a look at TheFunded. It's an angel and vc review site full of people that have received funding all around the world. I think they also list VC Groups.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 PM
sales_ess

Thanks, this site looks interesting. I'll sbscribe and post my findings here.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:21 AM
mbongwe

Another place to look at is Gobignetwork.com - both for angels and startups
Old 07-18-2008, 04:06 PM
simplymarcus

Default The Best help with unsecured Financing

I used a consulting company to help me get financed. I had a great experience
with www.ezunsecured.com and I got an unsecured line of credit for my business.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 AM

Smile Info about Angels through IUG

I am a part of Initial Underwriting Group and here is what we know. Don't feel the need to contact us (this is not meant for solicitation), just some information to share...of our website...perhaps "you" as the business owner can read between the lines of what's best for "you".

Who are these “Angels”?

Angel Investors at Initial Underwriting are wealthy investors who provide a pooled investment offer for a startup, or booming expansion of a business. Angels typically provide their own funding and approach small businesses that are about to take off. The most common type of investment starts out at 7 figures and continues into billions of dollars.

Initial Underwriting Group’s Angels take on risks. Often when the banks don’t see the vision, angels do. Angels are used to pilot new frontiers and take on bold moves for those who are determined and are able to provide 10+ fold returns on the investment.

How to reach Angel Investors? And when?

Initial Underwriting Group is an organization that works with many lenders, angel investors, private equity groups, and other types of financing institutions. In this day and age, personal credit is not the main issue. Our angels care about the idea and the potential. The company business credit is what IUG’s investors favor, regardless of whether or not strong business credit is established, your time to contact an Angel is now.

Why Angels want you, and not the $1billion guru?

Angel investors look for a great idea, a money making machine, a powerhouse of quick innovation. Usually, the right time to get in is at the beginning. For an equity portion, angel investors are willing to give millions of dollars for the right ideas. It happens to be that the best beginnings are from the small business owners, or potential owners, that shoot the profits through the roof. You are that business owner, and it is time for you to reach an investor today

--
Sincerely,

Ilya Bodner
Small Business Owner
Initial Underwriting Group
Old 10-07-2008, 04:45 PM

It's been my understanding that the appeal of 'angel investors' is that they generally operate with amounts under the $3 mil range and are usually willing to invest for a smaller potential ROI?

They exist to fill the gap between personal funding and VCs.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:48 PM

From what I have learned from interning at a startup in silicon valley, Angels typically invest under $2mil and demand a higher ROI because of the greater risk undertaken by Angels as compared to VC.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM

You should also try the Go Big Network they connect angel investors with businesses and also provide resources to help you write a business plan.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 AM

There is a new funding source that will be launching soon.

Preneuraholics.com will bridge the gap for those that have not been able to obtain funding from bank loans (SBA or other), venture capital, angels or grants.

Check out the blog below for more detail.