Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > STARTING A BUSINESS > 04 - The Business Plan
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04 - The Business Plan Writing & Using a Business Plan

Old 02-28-2008, 07:26 AM

Default A Real Online Home Business

Hi All

I've been out of work for quite some time, and the building market is not getting any better.
I get a lot of junk work from home email.
I have good keybording skills and know my way around the computor.

Are there any real online work from home business that don't want your credit card number.

Any replies will be very helpfull
Old 02-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Corey Bryant

A lot of them you are reviewing are pryamid schemes. Of course, it does take some more and time to set you up with them and that is why they want to sharge a set-up fee. While most of MLMs are products that might be difficult to sell - it might be worth it to see what you can find time to to in your spare time.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM
pugsley

I suggest you look into affiliate marketing, stay in an area or market you really like and know something about and you should be able to get started without much expense at all.

Pugsley
Old 04-26-2008, 01:27 AM
veronica

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder View Post
Hi All

I've been out of work for quite some time, and the building market is not getting any better.
I get a lot of junk work from home email.

Are there any real online work from home business that don't want your credit card number.

Any replies will be very helpfull
I don't think there are any online business's which don't need your credit card number
Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 AM
orion_joel

About the only online business that will not want your credit card number is one that you build yourself. Even then there will be some requirement to use your credit card, however this will be for items you know what you are buying and want to buy, eg a Domain Name, website hosting and such.

You mention you are in the building trade, maybe work with that a website about building, you could write articles create a forum, offer advise and a range of other related things. Support the site by placing targeted advertising, and using targeted affiliate programs. You may be giving away a lot of advice, however building a good site that offers considerable information can establish you as an authority and can lead to offering a range of different paid services.

If your site is focused on the local area, writing articles from an expert point of view can benefit your own business as well and if you can even find yourself getting people inquiring on your website to have work done. It all though comes down to intentionally building a website that can work for you with some input now and minimal input later. Build the website like a business it self, with the thought of potentially selling the site later on to replicate your process on another industry or niche in the building industry.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Clear Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder View Post
I once wrote website copy for a woman who has a successful data entry business. That's definitely viable. However, as already mentioned, this isn't something that you can just go online an "do" - you'll need to actually build the business (get a website, advertise it, etc.)

There really isn't any other way that I know of to have a "real" online business.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
chicagopressrelease

Consulting services -- are there any other skills you have that you could lend to helping others? How about editing or copyediting? You could look at corporate america for work at home positions with data entry perhaps? Good luck.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
djcmilton

Default The truth about internet marketing

It's not as easy as you thought is it? Building a business from scratch. CB Megga Store solves that situation in one giant leap. This is a tremendous gateway to Internet Marketing, because we have carefully put together a package that is straight out of the box and truly profitable.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
johnaydan

I completely agree with you pugsley... well more curious about others opinion too...
Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
wdillsmith

You can get your feet wet by selling on ebay. Could be anything from stuff you make yourself to thing you find in your attic to garage sale items you buy to resell. It doesn't take much to get started.