Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > STARTING A BUSINESS > 04 - The Business Plan
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04 - The Business Plan Writing & Using a Business Plan

Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 AM

Default Writing your own business plan

Writing your own business plan is always a great way to get your company started. Each section of a business plan will help you, the entrepreneur, understand your goals and direction. Creating the financial model is a different story. It is important to create a solid model and can require the assistant of a professional. Check out my site and let me know if I can help you with anything.

Best of luck
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 PM

well i already checked your site and it was good and interesting..
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM

There's a place called docstoc.com that offers free business plan templates and legal forms that can help you at least get a feel for not only structuring your own documents but also structuring your business.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 AM

useful info here. there are literally hundreds of sites that his this kind of information.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:52 AM

very useful information. It`s also important that you client (that wants the business plan) should involve in making it because , in this way, he will know all the aspects regarding his future business
Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 AM

Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander.m View Post
very useful information. It`s also important that you client (that wants the business plan) should involve in making it because , in this way, he will know all the aspects regarding his future business
This is why we help them by building their financial projections but we let them write the plan. This way they have a full understanding of the business model but they do not need to understand financial statements.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:40 PM

Thanks for sharing, I've seen and tried some websites that has this plan for free and it's a great help.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler68 View Post
This is why we help them by building their financial projections but we let them write the plan. This way they have a full understanding of the business model but they do not need to understand financial statements.
Yikes, I would certainly disagree with your last statement "they do not need to understand financial statements".

The would-be business owner most certainly does need to understand the financial statments. There is nothing more harrowing than to present your business plan to lenders (or whomever) and have them dissect your financials and you don't have a clue about how the assumptions were gotten or why the Cash Flow for year 2 show a negative for month 5 (for example).

If someone is willing to write their own business plan (I highly recommend this) they should also be willing to generate their own financials.

I offer a How-To manual at my website for absolute beginners that takes them step-by-step through the process of writing the entire business plan. It's not nearly as difficult as it seems.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdev View Post
Yikes, I would certainly disagree with your last statement "they do not need to understand financial statements".

The would-be business owner most certainly does need to understand the financial statments. There is nothing more harrowing than to present your business plan to lenders (or whomever) and have them dissect your financials and you don't have a clue about how the assumptions were gotten or why the Cash Flow for year 2 show a negative for month 5 (for example).

If someone is willing to write their own business plan (I highly recommend this) they should also be willing to generate their own financials.

I offer a How-To manual at my website for absolute beginners that takes them step-by-step through the process of writing the entire business plan. It's not nearly as difficult as it seems.
I should not word it that way. They need to understand them but they do not need to understand how to build them. They better understand them and know what the numbers mean. Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 11:15 PM

Good site. Also try to complement by reading: The Complete Book of Business Plans—Simple Steps to Writing Powerful Business Plans, Second Edition