Small Business Forum

Home

Go Back   Small Business Forum > SMALL BUSINESS ADVICE > 04 - Business Law
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04 - Business Law Business Legal Issues

Old 03-19-2006, 04:51 AM

Default Business Lawyer

I'm new here guys......

1.) I have a friend who delivers newspaper. My question is, is it illegal to "slip" my business flyers inside the newspaper without telling anybody?

2.) How much is the normal rate for a regular business lawyer? Btw, my business is home-based.

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated
Old 03-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100percentnewby
1.) I have a friend who delivers newspaper. My question is, is it illegal to "slip" my business flyers inside the newspaper without telling anybody?
Usually if you have to ask on these types of uestions, the answer is yes. It might not necessarily be illegal, but immoral would be another word.

Advertisers pay the newspaper for that and it sounds like you might not be paying the newspaper. Your friend - when caught - would probably be fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100percentnewby
2.) How much is the normal rate for a regular business lawyer? Btw, my business is home-based.
A good one can be up to $1,000 an hour. One that is starting out probaby about $150
Old 11-22-2012, 03:32 AM

Default re

It’s needless to say that many attorneys are not properly experienced in cases involving motorcycles and sometimes make an attempt to pass themselves off as bikers themselves.
http://www.dolmanlaw.com/practice-ar...cle-accidents/
Old 08-29-2013, 08:23 PM

Default Business attorney

As Corey said, rates for business attorneys can range widely. The best thing is to shop around and find a couple that suit your needs. Unless you are a large corporation with a very sophisticated problem, you should be able to find experienced business attorneys who charge less than $500 an hour. Whether a less experienced attorney at the lower end of the range (under $200) can meet your needs is a question you can explore.

Just remember, that an attorney who charges $200 but has little or no experience in matters like yours may spend more than twice as much time to complete your project than someone who has handled similar matters many times. The hourly rate is not the only thing you should focus on.

Read this article for Tips on Selecting a Business Attorney.